
Honor Robot Phone is still expected to reach the market in the third quarter, and a new teaser from Honor executive Fang Fei suggests the project’s imaging work is moving into another visible stage.
Fang Fei, who serves as president of Honor Device Co.’s product line, said on social media that staff from ARRI are expected to visit Honor’s imaging lab. He did not spell out the full purpose of the visit, but the timing points back to Honor’s earlier camera-focused partnership plans.
Honor first announced its strategic technology cooperation with ARRI during MWC 2026 in March. At that event, the company said the partnership would debut on the world’s first robot phone, combining Honor’s mobile imaging work with ARRI’s long-standing cinema camera expertise.

That background matters because the device hasn’t launched yet. Honor CEO Li Jian had already said on May 15 that the Honor Robot Phone is scheduled to go on sale in Q3, so the latest message from Fang Fei reads like another signal that the phone is still progressing behind the scenes rather than slipping quietly out of view.
At this stage, Honor hasn’t shared a full retail spec sheet or final imaging details. Even so, the mention of incoming ARRI staff makes it reasonable to expect that camera tuning and image processing remain a major part of the project before release.
In short, the latest update doesn’t reveal everything about the phone, but it does reinforce two important points: Honor still intends to launch the model in Q3, and its collaboration with ARRI appears to be active as the company prepares the device for market.
